Cave Tubing Tour is a very easy one to do, from Belize City to Caves is an Hour drive. While getting at the site, we do have rest rooms & changing rooms for you to get ready for our cave Adventure. After getting ready, we hike to the entrance of the cave which will take us about 25 minutes hiking in the jungle. We do stops for showing you our different kinds of vegetation & medicinal plants on the trail. The Whole tour takes 2 hrs including our hiking and floating inside the Caves.
One of the interesting things about cave tubing is found in Mayan Mythology. The Mayan consider caves as an entrance to the underworld called Xibalba meaning ‘place of fear or hell’.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||San Pedro, Ambergris Cay|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8:00 AM.|
|WHAT TO BRING||Water Shoes, Bug Spray, Sunscreen, Bathing Suites, Towels, Extra Clothing|
8:00 Am. Departure
- We depart at San Pedro, Ambergris Caye Airstrip.
- Flight takes about 15 mins from San Pedro, Ambergris Caye to Belize Municipal Airport.
Belize City Arrival
- We have a light breakfast for about 20 minutes.
- We drive to the cave, driving takes approximately 1 hour depending on the traffic and weather status.
Arrival to the Cave Site
- Upon arriving at the cave , we have access to the restrooms and changing rooms, where we will be putting on our bathing suites before we start our hiking.
- From there we proceed to get our gears, such as helmets, life vest, inflated tubes.
- We proceed our hiking for half an hour to the cave entrance, while hiking our guides will be pointing out the different fauna and flora species and also we might spot Howler Monkeys, and Toucan.
Cave Tubing Tour
- Upon arriving at the entrance of the cave, we do a quick check of our gears for our safety, before we start our tubing.
- The tour take 1.5 hours of floating.
- Finishing our cave tubing, we change into our dry clothing and proceed to have lunch.
- For our lunch we provide the Belize Traditional Rice and Beans with Stew Chicken dish.
- Also other dishes for vegetarians can be provided, if requested.
- Our Lunch duration is 45 minutes.
- We drive back to Belize City taking approximately 1 hour depending on the traffic and weather status.
- We arrive at the Municipal Airport boarding the 2:30 flight.
- We return back to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye at 2:45 PM.