Lamanai Mayan Site is located on the New River which is a 1 hour drive going North of Belize City. Next you take a boat ride for about an hour to the site. Our boat driver occasionally stops to see crocodiles, spider monkeys, howler monkeys, turtles and variety of birds and vegetation.
Unfortunately, this particular tour cannot be combined with other tours. Lamanai Mayan Site features the second largest pre-classic structure of the Maya world and in front of the temple stands a 13ft stone temple mask of a Maya King. The remains of the two 16th century churches catholic missions are present nearby, which was committed by Maya Native rebelled and burned the church as a form of religion uprising. The site protected status provides for an abundance of wildlife inside the park. There are at least 7 families of Howler Monkeys furthermore the museum houses an amazing collection of impression artifacts depicting Maya Gods & animals.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||San Pedro, Ambergris Caye|
|DEPARTURE TIME||We depart San Pedro, Ambergris Caye at 7:00 AM.|
|WHAT TO BRING||Hiking Shoes, Bug Spray, Sunscreen, Rain Coat|
7:00 Am. Departure
- We depart at San Pedro, Ambergris Caye Airstrip.
- Flight takes about 15 mins from San Pedro, Ambergris Caye to Belize Municipal Airport.
Belize City Arrival
- We have a light breakfast for about 20 minutes.
- We drive to the New River, driving takes approximately 1 hour depending on the traffic and weather status.
- Upon arriving to the New River we have access to the rest room before we start our boat ride.
- We board our vessel which take an hour boat ride up the New River, where we will spot different wild animals such as Howler Monkeys, Birds, Crocodile and Turtles.
- Upon arriving at the Lamanai Archaeological Site, we have access to the restrooms before proceeding into the site, where our guide will be sharing the history of the site and also pointing out the different structures of the temple and what are the purposes.
- The tour takes 1.5 hours to complete the site.
- For our lunch we provide the Belize Traditional Rice and Beans with Stew Chicken dish.
- Also other dishes for vegetarians can be provided, if requested.
- Our Lunch duration is 45 minutes.
- We board our vessel for an hour boat ride back to our van.
- We drive back to Belize City taking approximately 1 hour depending on the traffic and weather status.
- We arrive at the Municipal Airport boarding the 4:30 flight.
- We return back to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye at 4:45 PM.